Hans Sachs Haus (Stadthalle)


Gelsenkirchen's Cultural, Political and Social Center

The Hans Sachs House was built between1924 and 1927 by the Essen architect Alfred Fischer and named after the Meistersinger Hans Sachs. Originally it housed a concert hall with the largest preserved late romantic concert organ in Europe, a Walcker organ with 92 registers. However, it was stored for the new construction and left to a church in 2017. Today the Hans-Sachs Haus is a multifunctional event space for a wide variety of formats such as concerts, cabaret, art installations and conferences. Until 26 May 2019, the atrium of the Hans-Sachs-Haus will be transformed into a concert hall and will host the Sunday concert, which will focus on Mozart and take the audience on a journey through time and space. Small to medium symphonic ensembles set the tone here and offer a multi-faceted Mozart sound that is somewhere between classical, jazz, Balkan and pop music.

Further information
www.gelsenkirchen.de/hans-sachs-haus
Ebertstraße 11, 45879 Gelsenkirchen

Impressions of the Hans-Sachs-Haus


Be inspired: images of your NRW

domicil Dortmund, © Joehawkins
©

domicil

The logo of the Rotunde, © Tourismus NRW e.V.
©
Arena Konzert, © Raimond Spekking
©
Djäzz Flyer, © Djäzz
©

djäzz

The Die Horst-Schimanski-Gasse, © Jule Körber
©

Horst-Schimanski-Gasse

Turbinenhalle, © Tourismus NRW e.V.
©
Konzert Duisburg Landschaftspark, © © RTG Hoffmann
©

Zum Anker

Zeche, © Jule Körber
©
The Goldkante Bar, © Tourismus NRW e.V.
©