Hans Sachs Haus (Stadthalle)
Gelsenkirchen's Cultural, Political and Social Center
The Hans Sachs House was built between1924 and 1927 by the Essen architect Alfred Fischer and named after the Meistersinger Hans Sachs. Originally it housed a concert hall with the largest preserved late romantic concert organ in Europe, a Walcker organ with 92 registers. However, it was stored for the new construction and left to a church in 2017. Today the Hans-Sachs Haus is a multifunctional event space for a wide variety of formats such as concerts, cabaret, art installations and conferences. Until 26 May 2019, the atrium of the Hans-Sachs-Haus will be transformed into a concert hall and will host the Sunday concert, which will focus on Mozart and take the audience on a journey through time and space. Small to medium symphonic ensembles set the tone here and offer a multi-faceted Mozart sound that is somewhere between classical, jazz, Balkan and pop music.
Ebertstraße 11, 45879 Gelsenkirchen