Eifel Peak Route with Detour to Vogelsang
Nordeifel Tourismus GmbH
3 nights’ accommodation with breakfast in a double room, packed lunches, luggage transfer, cycling map for district of Euskirchen, public transport pass
The 230-kilometre-long Eifel Peak Route is a varied and physically challenging cycling trail. Your efforts will be rewarded, however, with breath-taking views of the surrounding countryside. The diverse highlights along the way include Blankenheim with its castle, Oleftal dam, the Wohlfahrt show mine, Hellenthal Wildlife Park and Raptor Centre, the historic old town of Monschau, the Rursee, Urftsee and Obersee lakes, Vogelsang International Park, the LVR Open-Air Museum in Kommern, Mechernich mining museum, the nuclear bunker near Kall and the nature discovery centre in Nettersheim.
The start and end points of this tour are both on the Cologne to Trier railway line, so you can easily arrive and depart by train. It is also possible to start and finish at different points on request.
1. Urft - Nettersheim - Blankenheim - Dahlem - Hellenthal (67 km)
2. Hellenthal - Kalterherberg - Monschau - Einruhr - Rurberg (50 km)
3. Rurberg - Heimbach - Kall - Mechernich - Urft (50 km)
Included in the package
- 3 nights’ accommodation in a double room with breakfast
- Luggage transfer
- Cycling map for the district of Euskirchen
- “Gästecard” public transport pass
DATES & PRICES
01.01.2018 - 31.12.2019
Duration in days
From EUR 185.00 per person sharing a double room
From EUR 245.00 in a single room
Extra nights and packed lunch.