Höfen national park gate
The Höfen national park gate is an information centre that combines tourist information with an exhibition about the Eifel national park.
National park gates are the best places to start any visit to the national park. They are information centres that combine tourist information and different exhibitions on national park-related topics. On digital models of the site, visitors can gain a first impression, while the national park film is a good introduction before entering the park. The staff at the national park gates will be happy to give tips about hikes and events.
The exhibition at the Höfen national park gate is called “Narzissenrausch und Waldwandel” (“Glorious narcissi and forest transformation”). A special atmosphere is created by the oversized representations of wild narcissi. The narcissi theme has a special role to play throughout the national park. Thousands of the flowers can be seen near the gate in the spring. The coniferous trees that surround them, which were planted when the forest was still commercially managed, will gradually make way for a natural mixed deciduous forest. Acoustic, scented and tactile stations enable visitors to experience the exhibition with all their senses.
Basic features of the Höfen national park gate
- Tourist Information
- “Glorious narcissi and forest transformation” exhibition
- Digital model of the site
- National park films
- Multiple languages: All audio texts are available in German, Dutch, French and English.
National park gate opening times
- April to October: 9 am - 1 pm and 1.30 pm - 5 pm
- November to March: 10 am - 1 pm and 1.30 pm - 4 pm
- Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve: 10 am - 1 pm
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day, New Year’s Day: closed