Nideggen national park gate
The Nideggen national park gate is an information centre that combines tourist information with an exhibition about the Eifel national park.
National park gates are the best places to start any visit to the national park. They are information centres that combine tourist information and different exhibitions on national park-related topics. On digital models of the site, visitors can gain a first impression, while the national park film is a good introduction before entering the park. The staff at the national park gates will be happy to give tips about hikes and events.
The exhibition in the newest national park gate at Nideggen is called “Schatzkammer Natur” (“Nature as a treasure chamber”). The exhibition guides guest around the incredible inventiveness of nature and the many different benefits it brings to all. The way that shoals of fish are organised is a model for logistics managers. Insect legs show how energy-efficient and stable movement can be. Examples that can be touched and heard communicate knowledge in a playful way.
Basic features of the Nideggen national park gate
- Tourist Information
- “Nature as a treasure chamber” exhibition
- Digital model of the site
- National park film
- Multiple languages: All audio texts are available in German, Dutch, French and English.
National park gate opening times
- April to October: 9 am - 1 pm and 1.30 pm - 5 pm
- November to March: 10 am - 1 pm and 1.30 pm - 4 pm
- Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve: 10 am - 1 pm
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day, New Year’s Day: closed